Attend a Homebuyer Education Class
Homebuyer Education Class is available to anyone who wants to prepare for homeownership. We encourage you to take the course as early as possible in the homebuying process. The sooner you take the course, the more helpful it will be to you. Some folks even take it twice. This is the first step toward purchasing a home and required if you want to receive a HomesFund loan. Sign up today!
This class makes the home buying process clear and less stressful by helping you:
- Understand the programs offered by HomesFund
- Understand your credit score report and how to improve your score
- Review your household budget and learn tips to save for a down payment and reduce your debt
- Learn the pros and cons of buying a home
- Understand your monthly mortgage payment and closing costs
- Select the best possible mortgage loan for you
- Understand purchase contracts so that you know what to expect throughout the home buying process
Please be prepared for a $15 workbook fee per household to cover the cost of materials when registering.